I ran with Fleet Feet Carrboro's Pub Run group tonight. This group can be somewhat intimidating because people form in cliques and if you're like myself and don't know anyone aside from the organizer, you're just awkwardly standing around until we take off for the run. This time, I got to meet a few nice girls who I'll hopefully see around on future runs. One of them is also a 4th year grad student like myself (!) and is going to run the Outer Banks half (I'm planning on running the full with the group)!
I made the fatal mistake of eating too much before my run, so our trek up the single hill on the 5.6 mile course was pretty tough. Luckily, the pressures of running with others (and my own ego) prevented me from feeling sorry for myself and dropping back, so I stuck with it the entire way.
I emailed Natalie yesterday after our final Fleet Feet social event of the season. I am interested in getting more involved with Fleet Feet, so hopefully they'll consider me for a mentorship! But understandably, I'm not an expert on marathons. While I'm certainly not a newbie to long distances, I think I could be supportive and I am quickly falling in love with training in teams!
I made the fatal mistake of eating too much before my run, so our trek up the single hill on the 5.6 mile course was pretty tough. Luckily, the pressures of running with others (and my own ego) prevented me from feeling sorry for myself and dropping back, so I stuck with it the entire way.
I emailed Natalie yesterday after our final Fleet Feet social event of the season. I am interested in getting more involved with Fleet Feet, so hopefully they'll consider me for a mentorship! But understandably, I'm not an expert on marathons. While I'm certainly not a newbie to long distances, I think I could be supportive and I am quickly falling in love with training in teams!
No comments:
Post a Comment