Tuesday, June 18, 2013

There's a long way to go.

Be unrelenting. If you don't believe, then who will?
Kara Goucher

Tonight I finally dragged myself out for my long run.  I missed my Saturday morning run (yes, the one I organized AND was supposed to drive AT and Razz to - oh gosh, I suck) because I overslept by 2 hours.  I guess the semester has really taken it out on me.  It was rewarding and a good experience, but not one to be repeated!  Teaching every day is too much!

Anyway, I attempted this run on Saturday evening, with the route I organized for 7 am.  But the humidity and a combination of muscle and mental fatigue did me in.  So the run ended at 7.6 instead of 15 or 16.

I decided to take this run to the track, as I usually do when it's nighttime and when I want to track my progress.  It was tough physically.  I have a long way to go before I'll make my goals, sigh.  I might have to change my training too.  Something George Sr. said stuck with me - to get to where I need to be, I should consider training with a group that will push my pace.  Something to think about. 
  1. 7:59
  2. 8:07
  3. 7:57
  4. 8:20
  5. 9:28
  6. 8:39
  7. 9:02
  8. 8:21
  9. 8:29
  10. 9:48
  11. 9:17
  12. 9:27
  13. 9:19
  14. 9:09
(This isn't representative of what I'm capable of - definitely had some stomach issues during the run. But my legs were lead-like in the final miles... I just didn't have the kick in me.  Humidity?  Endurance issues?  Inadequate training?  I don't know.)

Oh, a final note. I took the Oiselle Bum Wrap out for a spin tonight.  Held up really well!  I kind of love it (did not think I would cause it's super girly and I already have a Nike skirt that I've felt pretty "meh" about).  This bum wrap kicks Nike skirt in the butt!  Another reason why I love Oiselle, sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment