Thursday, February 13, 2014

2014, 2014

I haven't updated in awhile, I know.  It's been a busy year so far, mostly with my need to push my dissertation (proposal) forward and move onto the next professional/life step as soon as possible.  Nowadays, my two primary concerns are my work/dissertation and my training.

I don't know if it's wise to pursue two ambitious goals that compete against each other, but here's to hoping I have it in me to get it all done.  Despite my disappointing races at the end of last year, I feel renewed with hope that I'll be able to make progress on the marathoning end.  I spoke with the coach for our Fleet Feet Full & Half marathon training program and he helped me modify my training with an endurance run.  It'll help me build the endurance I need to sustain race pace and give me more insight into how I might do come race day.  His suggestion got me enthused - hopefully May will be a good one.  :)  

Ok, I messed around too much with this blog today.  It's been a goal of mine to clean up the formatting and simplify the design, but now my morning's slipped away!

This ~2.5 (or more?) inches led to:
 THIS in Raleigh??? Photo credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment