Sunday, October 27, 2013

The usual business

This morning, I dragged Garima out bright and early to join our training program for her 10 mile training run.  She committed to the Richmond Half that's coming up in a few weeks, but has had some motivation issues after losing her running buddy.  So when she lamented about how she was going to get through her training run, I found a solution for her.  :)  It was the longest distance she's ever run, so I was super proud of her for getting through it (with hills!) and even happier when she said she felt great.  We had a celebratory breakfast at Weaver afterwards and were soon joined by a cadre of FF runners.  It was a great morning. 

As for myself, OBX is coming up in a few weeks and I'm full into taper mode.  After fitting 2 marathons into this training session, my body is in dire need of recovery.  The taper could not have come at a better time.  I've been having some hip and inner thigh pains that I've never really experienced among the rainbow of injuries I've had before, so from Nov. 11th to Jan, I'll be looking to scale down.  Maybe I'll abstain from another marathon in the spring.  We'll see how it goes.

The first cold, cold morning. 14 miles + 30 degrees, but it was nothing thanks to my favorite +Oiselle top, the lux layer.  
Have I told you how much I love this group?


No comments:

Post a Comment