I had doubts about doing it. In fact - an hour before the training run, I even told the bf I wasn't going to do it. Tonight's run featured a progress marker 1 mile time trial. Given my adductor-inner thigh-hip pains as of late, I didn't think it was a good idea to run it. But then I convinced myself just to run it for fun and then before I knew it, the competitor in me woke up and decided to go all out again. Ha.
I kicked August Carolyn's 1 mile ass tonight. The time trial I was so confident I'd kill but then ended up running my shameful 7:12? Tonight: 6:47. I ran smarter - held myself back the first lap, pushed it to a manageable pace in the second, maintained but tried to push for the 3rd, and then pushed for the last 200m. Sweet, sweet validation.
Of course, I'm also a gigantic idiot for racing given my pains and that my marathon is in 2 weeks... Must foam roll and hope my ego didn't ruin me. Still smiling, for now!
I kicked August Carolyn's 1 mile ass tonight. The time trial I was so confident I'd kill but then ended up running my shameful 7:12? Tonight: 6:47. I ran smarter - held myself back the first lap, pushed it to a manageable pace in the second, maintained but tried to push for the 3rd, and then pushed for the last 200m. Sweet, sweet validation.
Of course, I'm also a gigantic idiot for racing given my pains and that my marathon is in 2 weeks... Must foam roll and hope my ego didn't ruin me. Still smiling, for now!
![]() |
| My obsession. Any chance I get, running or not. The latest addition - snuggle monster of a scarf, the +Oiselle runfinity in French fleece. J'adore. |

No comments:
Post a Comment