Lots of highs and lows and happy moments in these past 2 weeks.
Let's see. The most impactful moment has got to be the low:
Yep. I rear-ended a pick up truck that was stopped at a pedestrian crosswalk while en route to a meeting. I was distracted and pressed for time and didn't notice that when we came out of the traffic light 30 meters away from the crosswalk, the car in front of me was stopped. The silver lining to all of this is that despite the massive inconvenience for all, my remorse, and the difficult, costly decision of repair versus purchasing a new car, no one was hurt. I can't even fathom how much worse this would be had anyone been injured. (Of course, given that the car I rear-ended was a massive, real-deal American pick up truck, I would've been the biggest loser in this situation...) Plus, the woman who I hit was the most gracious, understanding person you could ever inconvenience in this sort of nightmare. I hope I was able to convey my remorse and gratitude to her adequately. Thank you for being a commendably wonderful human being.
Other than that, lots of little things happening:
Ran the Carrboro 10k, a hilly little local race. Thank goodness for my FF training program, otherwise I would have been unpleasantly surprised on all the inclines.
I felt really good during the race - made a hard but manageable effort. And hey, I PRed!
During most of the race, a 19 yo girl was dogging my heels. I wonder if I paced her.. She kept following me a little too closely (give me some personal space, please!) until the very end when we were running the inclines and I needed to scale back. Despite it being a race, I didn't want to blow myself out all the way, what with the 18 miler I have to reckon with next week. Best not to play with the delicate balance between healthiness and injury. :)
Stats:
Other kodak moments in the past 2 weeks:
Let's see. The most impactful moment has got to be the low:
![]() |
Other than that, lots of little things happening:
Ran the Carrboro 10k, a hilly little local race. Thank goodness for my FF training program, otherwise I would have been unpleasantly surprised on all the inclines.
| Edit (from mapmyrun instead): The elevation map for the race. Chapelboro does not mess around. |
| If you ever need to feel fast and sleek, you can't go wrong with the Stride shorts! Also, homage to my Wolverines. Here's hoping for an improved rest of the season! |
During most of the race, a 19 yo girl was dogging my heels. I wonder if I paced her.. She kept following me a little too closely (give me some personal space, please!) until the very end when we were running the inclines and I needed to scale back. Despite it being a race, I didn't want to blow myself out all the way, what with the 18 miler I have to reckon with next week. Best not to play with the delicate balance between healthiness and injury. :)
Stats:
Carrboro
10k, $33.08
|
|
Date:
|
10/5/2013
|
Gun Time:
|
47:13
|
“Chip Time”:
|
47:05
|
Average Time:
|
7:32
|
Entire Field:
|
85/468
|
Gender:
|
25/268
|
Age group
|
5/40
|
| Free socks from Fleet Feet Carrboro for placing 3rd in trivia! |
| Starting my rock climbing routine again. Don't mind the dirty laundry... or the awkward selfie... or the grad school-induced eye bags... |
![]() |
| Last Sunday's 17 miler all around Chapelboro with Pepe! Winona tank - amazing for the long runs. We were strong and the run went by so quickly. Really enjoyed it, contrast to the humid summer long runs! |
| Carrboro Music Festival: Band performing on the rooftop above a parking lot. |

.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment