Tuesday, August 6, 2013

First day as a Fleet Feet Mentor!



It's official!  We just had our first info session for all training program participants.  Long meeting for the mentors, but I'm excited for another season and my first as a rep for the program!

Saturday, we're having a one mile time trial.  My January time trial was decent for someone who wasn't running regularly, but now that I have several months of running under my belt, I am looking to KILL IT.

Final note for today: This blog post by Olivia Wilde about turning 30 is hilarious!  Who knew Hollywood actresses could be so clever?  Although, it would be more legit if she were 30 already or older than 30.  Still, I agree with a lot of her points.

Edit: Just read Instyle and discovered she has an intellectual pedigree - parents are investigative/social justice reporters, sister is a Harvard (presumably HLS?) alum and civil rights lawyer, and "Olivia" (stage name) herself is an Andover alum. Oh, the things you discover through your junky reading.  Makes so much sense now!

 Ok, last thing for sure: UMMMM... I just discovered that some pics I tweeted of myself sporting vintage Oiselle (and current distance shorts) got posted on Oiselle's website! AHHHHHHH!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment