First day of the fall program, quite exciting! My roommate came back kind of late for her regular routine and the shower went off at 1 am (usually not a problem for me!), but somehow it woke me up and I couldn't back to sleep until 5 am. Had to be up around 6 am to prepare for this morning's meeting and run, but of course, did not hear my alarm until closer to 6:20, bahaha... argh.
I planned on kicking ass on my time trial today, but man... it did not work out. I don't know what happened. Didn't sleep enough? Ran my first 400m too fast? Humidity and the fact that I was sweating like crazy even before the run? Or was it that I had eaten too many carbs before and right before bed? I don't know.
After a speedy 400m, I felt like I burned all the fuel in my tank. Every lap afterwards, I was losing control and felt like I was dying. I was the last of my running gang to make it to the finish line, and even after, I was so out of it - even until several miles into our 4 mile cool down. I still feel sick as I'm typing this. I'm going to attempt the rest of my long run later, but I just don't feel well at all.
The silver lining to this is that my time was 7:15 - which is nearly a min faster than my 2 mile time trial pace in January. But I still thought I was capable of doing better. By the end of this year, I want to be able to get down to a 6:30 single mile pace. And according to the McMillan Running Calculator, I'm not going to be able to make my sub-4 hour goal. :( I'm going to stick to what Lauren Fleshman said in her recent Runner's World article about the science of running and believe the my heart > my genes. I will not walk into the race with a defeatist attitude.
Edit: Ok, this calculator is wrong. According to my mile time, I was supposed to have run my half marathon 6 min slower than I actually did. Predictive science - so off! I am definitely not letting this get me down - it's sub-4 or bust!
I planned on kicking ass on my time trial today, but man... it did not work out. I don't know what happened. Didn't sleep enough? Ran my first 400m too fast? Humidity and the fact that I was sweating like crazy even before the run? Or was it that I had eaten too many carbs before and right before bed? I don't know.
After a speedy 400m, I felt like I burned all the fuel in my tank. Every lap afterwards, I was losing control and felt like I was dying. I was the last of my running gang to make it to the finish line, and even after, I was so out of it - even until several miles into our 4 mile cool down. I still feel sick as I'm typing this. I'm going to attempt the rest of my long run later, but I just don't feel well at all.
The silver lining to this is that my time was 7:15 - which is nearly a min faster than my 2 mile time trial pace in January. But I still thought I was capable of doing better. By the end of this year, I want to be able to get down to a 6:30 single mile pace. And according to the McMillan Running Calculator, I'm not going to be able to make my sub-4 hour goal. :( I'm going to stick to what Lauren Fleshman said in her recent Runner's World article about the science of running and believe the my heart > my genes. I will not walk into the race with a defeatist attitude.
Edit: Ok, this calculator is wrong. According to my mile time, I was supposed to have run my half marathon 6 min slower than I actually did. Predictive science - so off! I am definitely not letting this get me down - it's sub-4 or bust!
![]() |
| Crayola crew minus a few, pre-time trial! |

No comments:
Post a Comment